Yes, it’s true! I love Vintage Table Decor. And believe that setting a Casual Thanksgiving table can be beautiful, while still being casual! Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas that incorporate a few well-chosen Vintage items. Yes Please! 2020 is the perfect year to open up all those cabinets, reach back into the far dark corners, and bring out all those beautiful antique and vintage pieces that have been in your family for years. Or, start your own collection!
Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
I love scouring Flea Markets, Antique Shows and Estate Sales for pretty things. And while some things end up for sale at our Antique Booth at Benny Jack Antiques in Dallas, or on my @CuriousCowgirlVintage Instagram Account, I keep many of my finds. One of my favorite uses for Vintage is in my table decorations.
I love the sustainability of using Vintage Table Decor. It’s never a bad idea to make a choice that is better for our planet, and buying Vintage is one way to reduce unnecessary use of natural resources. Buying something that has already been produced, reduces the demand for yet-to-be-produced goods.
But, I get that many of you don’t want to hunt, scour or search! Flea Markets and Antique Malls are not your jam. That’s where Etsy comes in! Etsy is an online marketplace, where your can find amazing Vintage treasures. Think of Etsy like your virtual Antique Mall.
Not sure if you are “getting a good deal.” No worries! I’m going to help you, with an inspirational casual Thanksgiving table setting, incorporating casual Vintage elements. Scroll through my images, and then I will provide you with links to Etsy sellers who offer the same, or similar, Vintage Table Decor in their Etsy Store. I might even offer up some of my own Vintage finds.
I am an affiliate with Etsy, which means that if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission, not affecting your price, but supporting my business. So thank you!
Shop This Table-Scape on Etsy
- Colorful Vintage cloth napkins in Fall colors add an element of casual fun! Designs by Vera Neumann are highly collectible, and they can be found on Etsy by clicking HERE, HERE and HERE. But, there are hundreds of darling Vintage Cloth Napkins on Etsy. Click HERE to see many selections.
- I love interesting Vintage plates. In the table-scape above, I am showing you my Denby Langley Pottery in the pattern “Sherwood.” You can start your own collection by clicking HERE.
- The green glasses were made by Indiana Whitehall Glass. I have them in green, amber and white. I love to mix colored glassware! You can find Indiana Whitehall Glass on Etsy by clicking HERE. I also have several collections of Anchor Hocking Glasses, in different patterns and colors. Check those designs out by clicking HERE.
- Whenever I find interesting Vintage Napkin Rings, I scoop them up. Again, I think it’s fine to mix and match! HERE, HERE and HERE are some interesting ones.
- The green and gold Culver Whiskey glass is one of my favorite pieces! I love Culver. The designs are so swanky and cool! Many designs incorporate gold, so they can really dress up or down. Check out some sets on Etsy by clicking HERE, HERE and HERE. Note that gold can wear off over time, so you will pay more for sets that have little to no wear to the gold.
- I love my “Made in Japan” Ceramic Turkey S&P Shakers. What does “Made in Japan” mean? From 1921-1941, wares from Japan exported to the United States had to be marked “Japan” or “Made in Japan”. During World War II most ceramics factories (for exports) ceased, except Noritake. After the war, exports were labeled “Made in Occupied Japan”. I don’t use mine for seasoning…just for decoration. You can start your own flock by clicking HERE, HERE and HERE.
- For my centerpiece, I used a cut-glass amber colored bowl, and hid the styrofoam oasis with acorns from my yard. There are several beautiful amber bowls on Etsy. Click HERE, HERE or HERE.
- Finally, embroidered tablecloths are so sweet, and can really add nice texture and dimension to your table. Even draping a square card-table size cloth at a diagonal directly on top of your table or another cloth, looks so cute! Plus….with many people opting to dine outside, a beautiful Vintage Table Cloth can hide any card table! I’ve found a few I love: HERE, HERE and HERE.
How to Shop My Vintage Finds
Many of the pieces I am showing in this Living With Vintage Series, including in this Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas post are for sale! How can you see what’s available? First, you must follow me on Instagram. My handle is @TheCuriousCowgirl.
Second, be sure and watch my “Stories”. If you are not familiar with Stories, here’s how to find them. When you are in your Home Feed, which means the little house on the bottom left corner is black, you are in your Home Feed. At the top of your screen, you see rows of circles with red around them. Those are Instagram Stories, and the red means there is something new to watch. Stories feels a lot like watching a slide show.
To find my particular Stories, which is where I am listing and selling my Vintage goodies, you can find my profile, again @TheCuriousCowgirl, and watch my Stories by touching the circle with my logo in it. My sales last 24 hours, and to purchase anything, simply follow the directions I give you in Stories.
Once the sale concludes, I move all unsold items to my Highlight Reel titled “Vintage” and you can still shop there. If you see something in my Highlights you are interested in, just sent me a Direct Message. I remove sold items regularly from my Highlights, so what you see is available.
Final Thoughts on Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
Thanksgiving 2020 is deserving of implementing creative table-scape ideas. Remember that most Etsy sellers only have one (or maybe) two of the Vintage item I am highlighting. So, if you like it…get it! Delaying means that some other savvy shopper will get that one-of-a-kind-item.
Also keep in mind that shipping in 2020 seems to be taking longer….so ordering any of these Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas early will ensure you have your Vintage Table Decor in plenty of time to execute your table-scape ideas!
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
To see other posts in my Living With Vintage Series, click on any of the following links:
Tags: antique | Antiques | Casual Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas | Etsy | Farmhouse | Vintage | Vintage Shopping