How many of you have heard of, or had the good fortune to dine at, The French Laundry in Napa Valley, California? Well, for many years, Kate Olen was in charge of the restaurant’s garden, which supplied all those delicious farm-to-table goodies! Bet I got your attention! And guess what….she’s about to be one of the most sought-after Dallas Gardeners out there, helping folks in Dallas establish their own backyard gardens, including my own! DFW Gardening has NEVER looked so good!
Now, before you all scramble to get her help for your own Urban Garden, tune into this Podcast Episode. Because it’s fascinating, and illuminates so much about what a special person Farmer Kate really is!
Dallas Gardeners: Meet Kate Olen!
What You Will Learn in This Episode
- How Kate Olen became a Gardening Expert
- What is the relationship between kitchen gardens and farm-to-table restaurants
- How Dallas area residents can benefit from Kate’s gardening expertise
Episode #22 Show Notes, Links and Resources
- Excellent farm-to-table restaurants mentioned in this Episode: The French Laundry, Blue Hill at Stone Barns, Blackberry Farm, Homewood, and Bonton Farms.
- To get in touch with Kate about your backyard garden dreams, email her! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to Podcasts, here’s a few tips:
- You can always find The Getting Social With The Curious Cowgirl Podcast here, on my web site. Simply go to the menu bar at the top of your screen, and click on Podcast. Then, you will be able to see and search for all my Podcast Episodes.
- You can also listen to The Curious Cowgirl Podcast wherever you normally listen to Podcasts, such as on iTunes, Spotify, or iHeart Radio.
- I’ll also embed the podcast episodes in Blog Posts that are closely aligned topically!
- Simply click the “Play” button on the player above, and start listening!