This year has been a crazy travel-busy year! Over 100 days of travel and counting! And my most important travel item? My suitcase!!! But guess what? Not once have I EVER carried on my suitcase when the travel was on an airline. Not once! You know why? I didn’t have a good carry-on suitcase! But, thanks to the kind folks at Chester, now I do! And today, I am bringing you a Chester Luggage Review! This is the best carry on luggage for business travel, the best carry on luggage for Europe and Domestic travel!
The Curious Cowgirl received a Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase for purpose of this review. However, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links, and I may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. I appreciate your support of my business!
Chester Luggage Review
OK, real talk friends. How many of you are like me and have one (or a few) old carry-on suitcases in a closet somewhere. Raise your hand. Both of my hands are raised. I think I have about 4 carry-on suitcases that might date back to the Carter Administration. Kidding. Kinda.
It’s high time to purge those old rolling suitcases, and get a new one. Chester to the rescue! This brand is FANTASTIC! But, let’s start off with what all of us need to look for in a good carry-on suitcase. Because, let’s face it. Airline travel has changed a LOT in the past 10 years. What is the best carry on luggage for business travel? What is the best carry on luggage for Europe? Times have changed my friends, and our luggage needs to adapt too.
When you are conducting your own luggage review, and deciding on the perfect carry-on suitcase, there are a few factors to consider…
- Size – It has to meet TSA size guidelines and be able to fit all the things. It’s so PAINFUL to watch travelers roll up to the gate, only to have their carry-on flagged by the gate agent because it’s too big. Current guidelines are 22′ tall, 14′ wide, and 9 ” deep. The Chester Minima carry-on is EXACTLY those dimensions! What about International Travel, which is important to me! The Chester Minima meets IATA requirements as well! Luggage Review check #1!
- Maneuverability – It must be easy to maneuver. The old suitcases that you tilt to roll need to be a thing of the past. First of all, think about how much SPACE you are taking up as you drag that sad old case behind you. I have watched so many near disasters as people trip and loose their balance because of an old suitcase being dragged 3 feet behind someone as they walk through the airport, or WORSE….down the tiny isle of a plane. Plus, those old two-wheeled suitcase tip over ALL the time! Spinner wheels are where it’s at, people! Four wheels are far better than two! The Chester Minima moves so easily, while standing straight up. And I can push it by the handle, with my tote resting on top, easy breezy maneuverability! Luggage Review check #2!
- Lightweight – Carry-on suitcases are going to go in the overhead bin on an airplane. And you know you are gonna stuff that sucker as full as possible, because we all need to travel with ALL the things. No judgement from me! So, a suitcase that is light to begin with is key!!!! A fun trip should not include a visit to a chiropractor because you threw your back out heaving your carry on into the overhead compartment. The Chester Minima only weighs SEVEN pounds! SEVEN! My cat weighs more than that! Luggage Review check #3!
- Compartments – I like to keep all my things organized in my suitcase. Interior compartments can make or break that situation. The Chester Minima features the ability to pack into both sides of the luggage. There are three pockets to store smaller items, and double zippered sides to make sure your stuff stays in place while traveling. It even comes with a handy laundry pouch for all your dirty clothes.
- Durability – Looking for a durable suitcase that will last for a long time is a plus. Just because the Chester Minima is light, does not mean it’s not durable. We all are more conscious of our impact on the environment, and buying a bunch of discount store suitcases that have to be replaced frequently is not the way to go. Get a durable suitcase that you can use for a long time!
- Good price point – This goes hand in hand with durability. Getting a cheaply priced suitcase may not last long and a high priced one does not necessarily equal a piece of good suitcase. As much as I travel, the average cost of this carry-on suitcase is a few dollars per trip! Luggage Review Check #4!
- Happy Customers – So this is awesome….Chester suitcases come with a 100-day trial meaning if you purchase this through their website and are not 100% satisfied with the product, you can return it within 100 days of purchase. And, Chester Minima comes with a limited 10-year warranty which covers any damage to the shell, wheels, handles, zippers, or anything else that functionally impairs the luggage. If anything breaks, they will fix or replace it. Luggage Review Check #5!
Chester Travels is an excellent brand for hard-side suitcases. And as you consider your gift list, a high-quality carry-on suitcase is an EXCELLENT gift for anyone! It comes in seven colors!
If you are looking for a new quality carry-on suitcase, you should put Chester Minima Carry-On Spinner Suitcase on top of your list.
Tags: Baggage | Business Travel | Carry On | Carry On Luggage | Domestic Travel | Gift Idea | Luggage | Spinner Suitcase | Travel Gift | TSA