Texas Blueberry Farms where kids and adults can pick their own fruit? You bet! One of the best things to do in the summer is waiting for you at your nearest Blueberry Farm. Grab a basket, and let’s get picking together!!!!
Texas Blueberry Farms
I love the Lone Star State! Proud Texan here! From the State Fair of Texas to a fun night out enjoying Tex-Mex with friends, this is a great place to call home! One of my favorite outdoor summer activities is spending a few hours picking Texas Blueberries right off the bushes! Typically I make blueberry jam with those delicious Texas Blueberries. And of course a blueberry cobbler! Is your mouth watering? Let’s discover some of the best Texas Blueberry Farms!
Blueberry Hill Farms
- Blueberry Hill Farms is located in Edom, about 1.5 hours east of Dallas.
- Hours are Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am-5:00pm.
- The Country Store and Bakery sells already picked berries, pies, jams, and live blueberry and blackberry plants.
Blase Family Farm
- Blase Family Farm is located in Rockwall, about 20 minutes east of Dallas.
- Sadly, the big Texas Freeze damaged many of the Blueberry plants, so there is no picking THIS year, but I am confident they will be back!
- Seasonal berry and pumpkin picking.
Pure Land Farm
- Pure Land Farm is located in McKinney, about 30 minutes north of Dallas.
- In addition to Texas Blueberries, visitors can pick seasonal vegetables. Again, Summer 2021 you must book your time slot for picking.
- Girls Scouts can earn two badges here : Brownie Bug Badge and the Junior Gardener Badge.
- Greer Farm is located in Dangerfield, about 2 hours east of Dallas.
- Visitors can pick Texas Blueberries and purchase grass-fed beef.
- Hours are seven days a week, 7:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Cooking Classes and Private Dinner Parties can also be arranged!
General Tips for Blueberry Picking
I’ve been picking blueberries for almost 20 years now. A lot of fun! But, like most outdoor summer activities in Texas, you should plan ahead. Here’s my tips to ensure a fun day for everyone!
- Always check the website of the Texas Blueberry Farms you are considering visiting! Texas Blueberries ripen at different times, and most farms keep visitors up-to-date on their website with the best days to pick-your-own fruit.
- Texas is HOT in the summer, and Texas Blueberries ripen in June and July. Start your day EARLY. Best to pick in the morning before the day gets totally out-of-control hot!
- Wear the correct clothes! Hats help with the heat. And for the uninitiated, blueberry bushes grow in full sun. There’s absolutely no shade!!! And, I encourage closed toed shoes! Have you ever encountered a fire ant? It’s not fun! Protect your toes!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Bring water with you and drink up the whole time you are picking!
- Sunscreen y’all!
And enjoy a day spent at one of these great Texas Blueberry Farms!
Tags: Blueberries | East Texas | Family Fun | Texas