Oh yeah. It’s time, y’all. All the kids, all the grandkids, all the nieces and nephews. Basically it feels like everyone I know is in back-to-school-mode on some level. And for this Travel Blogger, back-to-school means an Empty Nest, with more time to do what I love….TRAVEL. But, I realize there’s very mixed emotions surrounding back-to school. So today, I have some very funny back-to-school quotes I’d like to share. And maybe lighten the moment, just a little bit!
Funny Back-to-School Quotes
Most of y’all know that Will and I have four kids. Two are not in college, and working and living on their own. Two are in college, and just started classes recently. And boy howdy do I wish I owned stock in Bed Bath & Beyond. How many mattress pads and sets of sheets should one person be expected to buy in one lifetime? I digress.
Getting kids settled in a new environment is not easy. It’s truly bitter-sweet for everyone involved. And I appreciate the funny folks out there who have found a way to bring a little levity to a moment in life that has its fair share of stress, sadness, frustration, confusion, and even a little loneliness.
I feel ya’ friends. Let’s take a moment to laugh together!
- “The human brain is special. It starts working as soon as you get up and it doesn’t stop until you get to school.” — Milton Berle
- “Every time I see the word ‘explain’ on a test, a part of me dies.” – Anonymous
- “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school”- Peter De Vries
- “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” – Gracie Allen
- “But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work thirteen times an hour, she can hurt you.” – Erma Bombeck
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
Hopefully you got a chuckle out of one of those funny back-to-school quotes. And for those of you who are laughing one minute, and reaching for the tissue the next, I 100% feel ya’!
How are Will and I processing through our new normal status as Empty Nesters? You guessed it! TRAVEL!
We have several trips planned already, and a several trips pending. And, we have to keep reminding ourselves we don’t have to see ALL the things and go ALL the places in the first 90 days of making camp in Empty Nester Land.
One thing I know for sure….we will take y’all along every step of the way!!!! Be sure you are subscribed to my Blog, so you never miss a post.
And Will and I like to use our Social Media to showcase where we are traveling, what we see along the way, and who we meet. Be sure to follow BOTH of us on Social Media. We bring very different perspectives to our travels, but I think you will find both perspectives fun and interesting!
Social Media Links on Instagram
The Curious Cowgirl Instagram: Click HERE
Will Bracken Evans Instagram: Click HERE
Social Media Links on Facebook
Mary The Curious Cowgirl Facebook: Click
My antidote to the Empty Nest….travel. I’d love to know yours! Leave me a comment and let me know how YOU are celebrating/dealing with Back-to-School!!!!