It’s the MOST wonderful time of the year. Christmas! And as a person who LOVES to collect Vintage Christmas, my favorite Christmas Tablescape Ideas include those featuring elements of my collection. Vintage Christmas is not hard to find, and adding just a few elements to your Christmas Table Centerpiece can elevate your decor with whimsy, nostalgia, and good old fashioned cheer! Let me show you how!
Christmas Tablescape Ideas
I love scouring Flea Markets, Antique Shows and hit Estate Sales several times a week, looking for the unique or interesting. And while some table decor ends up for sale at our Antique Booth at Benny Jack Antiques in Dallas, or on my @TheCuriousCowgirl Instagram Account, I keep many of my finds. One of my favorite uses for Vintage is in my table decorations.
The sustainability of using Vintage is important. From glassware, to linens, to decorations, it’s never a bad idea to make a choice that is better for our planet, and buying Vintage is one way to reduce unnecessary use of natural resources. Buying something that has already been produced, reduces the demand for yet-to-be-produced goods.
But, I get that many of you don’t want to hunt, scour or search! Flea Markets and Antique Malls are not your jam. That’s where Etsy comes in! Etsy is an online marketplace, where your can find amazing Vintage treasures. Think of Etsy like your virtual Antique Mall.
Not sure if you are “getting a good deal.” No worries! I’m going to show you some Christmas Tablescape ideas that incorporate Vintage elements. Scroll through my images, and then I will provide you with links to Etsy sellers who offer the same, or similar, Vintage Table Decor in their Etsy Store. I might even offer up some of my own Vintage finds.
I am an affiliate with Etsy, which means that if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission, not affecting your price, but supporting my business. So thank you!
Shop This Tablescape on Etsy
- Vintage glassware is a very easy way to add a touch of Vintage to any table. In this tablescape, I have included a wonderful green goblet made by Fostoria. There are similar green goblets available on Etsy HERE, HERE and HERE. Don’t be afraid to mix patters. Vintage lends itself to more whimsey, and less formality.
- The etched clear glass wine glasses are some of my favorites, and I use them year-round. There are some beautiful sets available on Etsy HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. The larger the set, the more expensive it will be. But again….mixing sets to get the quantity you need is perfectly fine! Just make sure the heights of the glasses are close.
- Vintage Christmas Salt & Pepper Shakers are very collectible, and totally charming. I don’t use them for anything other than decoration, and I’ve see Table Settings with a pair at every place. VERY cute idea! Check out THESE, THESE, THESE and THESE.
- Of course, a Vintage Christmas Tablecloth is an easy way to add a touch of whimsy to your table. Some patters are busy and bold, like the one in my images above, and others are more simple. There’s no right or wrong…just pick one you like. And remember that it’s VERY hard to find a tablecloth that does not have a tiny stain or two. Doesn’t bother me. I think of the family that gathered around that table in years past, and enjoy the cloth even more! Obviously you need to know how long your table is, and remember that you can add a square or round card table size cloth on top of a longer solid cloth, and it works almost like a table runner or table topper! I found great options HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.
- I love to add vintage candy dishes of different heights on my table. And fill them with candy, or tiny glass ornaments. We all have small dishes for dips and nuts, but dishes that are higher, like compote dishes, are more “vintage-y”. Clear glass like THIS and THIS work great, as do colored glass like THIS, THIS and THIS. If you like an all-white look, milk glass or Fenton glass is a great choice! I love THIS ONE and THIS ONE and THIS ONE.
- My floral centerpiece is in a 6″ Vintage Cut Glass Rose Bowl. I use it ALL the time. It’s just so lovely, and it belonged to my grandmother. There are a few on Etsy if you don’t have one of your own, HERE, HERE and HERE. I used this same element in my post about Formal Thanksgiving Tables, by the way.
- Vintage Napkin Rings are not easy to find, so if you see some…..scoop them up immediately! My Santa Face Napkin Rings are not old, but I think they look very Old World. I found a few napkin rings that would look great on your Holiday Table. HERE, HERE and HERE. Again, I think it’s fine to mix and match, but I would keep them all brass, or ceramic, etc.
- Finally, Vintage Linen Napkins are some of my favorite finds. I’ve looked for sets on Etsy that are six napkins or more, so check out THESE, THESE and THESE.
How to Shop My Personal Vintage Christmas Finds
Many of the pieces I am showing in this Living With Vintage Series are for sale! How can you see what’s available? First, you must follow me on Instagram. My handle is @TheCuriousCowgirl.
Second, be sure and watch my “Stories”. If you are not familiar with Stories, here’s how to find them. When you are in your Home Feed, which means the little house on the bottom left corner is black, you are in your Home Feed. At the top of your screen, you see rows of circles with red around them. Those are Instagram Stories, and the red means there is something new to watch. Stories feels a lot like watching a slide show.
To find my particular Stories, which is where I am listing and selling my Vintage goodies, you can find my profile, again @TheCuriousCowgirl, and watch my Stories by touching the circle with my logo in it. My sales last 24 hours, and to purchase anything, simply follow the directions I give you in Stories.
Once the sale concludes, I move all unsold items to my Highlight Reel titled “Vintage” and you can still shop there. If you see something in my Highlights you are interested in, just sent me a Direct Message. I remove sold items regularly from my Highlights, so what you see is available.
To see other posts in my Living With Vintage Series, click on any of the following links:
Looking forward to helping you create a beautiful Holiday Home!
Tags: Christmas | Christmas Decor | Tablescape | Vintage Christmas